Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am Phoebe from Friends.

My twenty-fifth birthday is November 17th, 2011. I will officially be in my mid twenties. I literally can't believe I will be 2. A quarter of a century! 5 years from 30! And I still don't own a car, I rent, drink way to much coffee, and I have yet to put the frame on my bed so currently I'm sleeping on just the boxsprings and the mattress. Clearly I am not ready to be 25.

This struck home the other day when I realized that early episodes of “Friends” were about people my age or marginally older. This revelation was followed by 

“Oh, God. I hope I’m not Ross.” Advanced degree in something obscure? Nope. PHEW. 
"Oh, GOD. I'm Phoebe aren't I. I really am." A little strange? Check. Runs weird? Check. Can't really sing but has a lot of bold confidence? Check Check Check.

I really am the Phoebe of my group.

What I really have in common with the cast of Friends is that I do have great friends. Luckily they aren't all neurotic and terrible soap tv actors. And because I love them all I'm warning all of my DC friends that I see tomorrow night that I may or may not get drunk and dance around singing this theme song all night. I would really appreciate it if you would join in on the clapping part. Maybe we can go dance in a fountain to. Wait, hello? anyone still there?





No comments:

Post a Comment