Saturday, October 8, 2011

People should really remember what they learned in grade school

Army 10 Miler bright and early tomorrow morning! I should be getting ready for bed but I can't stop looking at this picture that my friend Priya posted on my wall of the cast of Home Improvement.

What happened to JTT!!

I can't get over how crazy all of the boys look. And JTT maybe one of the few guys on the planet that I am taller then.


In other news a friend of mine on FB is a reporter and has been covering the Occupy DC protesters. Well the other day he posted a picture of a protester he was interviewing. Apparently someone else wanted to make a comment on corporate greed:

I mean WHAT IS THAT. I think all of these people need me to do PR. No matter how great of a quote she gave or statement she was trying to make it is all negated by the fact that she has a RAT coming out of her shirt and she isn't phased by it at all. I hope she isn't going to become the spokesperson of this movement.  I know that American Tale was a cute movie and so was Fivel but in reality mice and rats are gross. I mean yeah I don't like Wall Street greed but between these two images who do you think looks better. The girl with the rat or...


That what gets me about these protesters. It isn't that I don't think that what they have to say is true it's how they are trying to get their message across. If you can't make an argument without dropping swears, screaming, not being coherent, and resorting to violence, no one is going to listen to you.  I mean look at this quote:

In Minneapolis, one demonstrator told CBS News, "We're here because we want the big dudes to start paying."

You are using the word DUDES.  Someone clearly forgot everything they ever learned in vocab class.

I think the majority of them need to be reminded on how to write a 5 paragraph argument which I learned in grade school. This is something that was beaten into me in school. I could write you a timed essay in my sleep on pretty much anything. See here

  1. Introduction Introducing a topic. An important part of this is the intro of the thesis. (the very people who almost wrecked the U.S. economy on Wall Street continue to get wealthy while working people are struggling to pay their bills)
  2. Body Paragraph 1 Explaining the first part of the thesis 
  3. Body Paragraph 2 Explaining the second part of the thesis (second reason why they are corrupt)
  4. Body Paragraph 3 Explaining the third part of the thesis (third reason why they need to be punished)
  5. Conclusion Summing up points and restating thesis
There you go. I just created a movement. I can also work free-lance and my rate is low.

Writing is important. Learning how to argue logically, calmly, and rationally important. Learning how to dress right when you are attempting to debate is important.  No one is going to take your opinion on where this country is heading if you have a rat crawling out of your shirt. I know my parents would always be happy to see me on tv being interviewed but if they saw me talking with a rat coming out of my shirt my parents would be flying out to DC so fast my head would spin.

Ok saving the country has exhausted me. Off to bed so I can run 10 miles tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment