Monday, October 3, 2011

Who needs Rosetta Stone when being accused of murder abroad is the quickest way to pick up a foreign language. #AmandaKnox



Currently my friend Katie and I are gchatting and live streaming the Amanda Knox appeal in Italy. Different time zones and states can't keep our love for flashy trials apart. You should have seen us following the Casey Anthony trial. At any given time we had the cnn live stream up and were discussing Casey Anthony's body language.

Without fail every single time I watch a verdict come in I get nervous. It doesn't matter if the person is totally guilty or not. I remember watching the verdict of the OJ Simpson trial in 3rd grade. Yes my third grade teacher turned on the tv for all of us 8-9 years olds to watch and see is he was guilty of murdering his wife or not. Who says that Catholic Schools make kids into wimps?

Anyways, I didn't really know much about the OJ trial at the time. I was more focused on trying to figure out how to do long division and how to spell tomorrow (hint one of those things I can now do the other I'm still terrible at. Another hint to this day when I spell tomorrow I have to sound it out in my head "tom-or-row."

So when the verdict came in that OJ was not guilty everyone in my class was really excited! We didn't know that everyone else on the planet thought he was guilty. All we knew is that he looked happy and so did everyone around him. After school that day my brother and I raced off the bus and ran into the house shouting to our mom "NOT GUILTY! NOT GUILTY!" What did I know. I was young and thought OJ had a whole lifetime in front of him to do good with his freedom.

Fast forward 10+ years later and OJ is back in jail for stealing. But he still managed to land a book deal and get a job. And I still can't do long division.

me: im so nervous
katie:  i knowwwwwwww
insane
i hope they translate it in english
me:  ditto! 
Sent at 3:43 PM on Monday
katie:  dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me: FREED

My new job plan is to become a talking head on a news network. Watch out Nancy Grace: Katie and Kelly are gunning for your talking head job.



No comments:

Post a Comment